Saturday, May 29, 2010

Here's How it Started...

I'm from New York (not originally but I'll never tell you otherwise)...

Just a few years ago I had what many would call 'big' hair...(it worked in NY)

From the time I was 19 until I was 31, I worked at the same company...

And then...I moved to Massachusetts....

I met my husband while out to lunch with friends from work (his brother was one of my friends...heck, he still is a friend)...

We got married five months later...

And then...We moved to New Hampshire...

We had two children...

We got eight chickens...

And I don't know anything about chickens...well except for what I learned while watching Looney Tune cartoons as a child. Remember Foghorn Leghorn, the chicken hawk? Priceless people, priceless...

I mentioned to my husband the other night, as we discussed just how in the world we were going to house eight chickens, that I was surprised chickens didn't sleep in their nests. Turns out they sleep in roosts and only lay eggs in their nests. WHAT??!! "That's not possible", I said. "The chickens in the Foghorn cartoons always slept in their nests..."

That, my friends, sums up how much I know about chickens...

This is a blog to document our adventures in owning chickens, planting a vegetable garden, living in what I consider the woods of New Hampshire (ok, the main highway is only 10 minutes away but it takes me a half hour to get to the mall!!), and the transformation of my hair into something short, straight, and oh so New England.

No comments:

Post a Comment